Plasmid DNA and Cosmids DNA Purification from 1-4 ml of bacterial cells. Kit includes TrueBlue Lysis Buffer
The High-Speed Plasmid Mini Kit is was designed for plasmid and cosmid DNA purification from 1-4 ml of cultured bacterial cells. A modified alkaline lysis method and RNase treatment are used to obtain clear cell lysate with minimal genomic DNA/RNA contaminants. In the presence of chaotropic salt, plasmid DNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. Contaminants are removed with a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified plasmid DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. Typical yields are 20-30 μg for high-copy plasmid or 3-10 μg for low-copy plasmid from 4 ml of cultured bacterial cells. DNA phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required.
Features and Benefits
- Purify plasmid DNA within 15 minutes!
- Up to 30 μg of pure plasmid DNA from 1-5 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- Plasmid glass fiber spin column
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 1 year, PD1 (RNase A added) 2-8ºC for up to 6 months
- Cost effective
- Restriction Enzyme Digestion
- Library Screening
- Transformation and Sequencing Reactions