The High-Speed Plasmid Mini Kit (10-50 Kb) was designed for plasmid and cosmid DNA purification from 1-4 ml of cultured bacterial cells. The kit is optimized for purification of DNA between 10-50 kb. A modified alkaline lysis method and RNase treatment are used to obtain clear cell lysate with minimal genomic DNA and RNA contaminants. In the presence of chaotropic salt, plasmid DNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. Contaminants are removed with a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified plasmid DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. Typical yields are 20-30 μg for high-copy plasmid or 3-10 μg for low-copy plasmid from 4 ml of cultured bacterial cells. DNA phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required.
Features & Benefits
- Purify 10-50 kb plasmid DNA within 20 minutes!
- High Yield: up to 30 µg of pure plasmid DNA
- 1-4 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- Plasmid glass fiber spin column
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 1 year, PDL1 (RNase A added) 2-8ºC for up to 6 months
- Cost effective
- Restriction Enzyme Digestion
- Library Screening
- Transformation and Sequencing Reactions