Plasmid DNA Purification from 50-150 ml of cultured bacterial cells. Kit includes TrueBlue Lysis Buffer.
The GeneIsokit™ Midi Plasmid Kit was designed for plasmid DNA purification from 50-150 ml of cultured bacterial cells. TrueBlue Lysis Buffer (an optional color indicator) is included with the kit to prevent common handling errors, while ensuring efficient cell lysis and neutralization. A modified alkaline lysis method and RNase treatment are used to obtain clear cell lysate with minimal genomic DNA/RNA contaminants. Using an efficient gravity-flow procedure, plasmid DNA in the crude lysate is bound by the plasmid midi column and the contaminants are removed with PW Buffer. The purified plasmid DNA is eluted by a high salt buffer then precipitated with isopropanol for desalting. Due to the high efficiency of the new GeneIsokit™ Midi Spin Column, the entire procedure can be completed in 80 minutes without ultracentrifuges, HPLC or other toxic reagents.
Features and Benefits
- High Yield: >400 μg of pure transfection grade plasmid DNA from 100 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- TrueBlue Lysis Buffer (an optional color indicator) is included with the kit to reduce common handling errors,
while ensuring efficient cell lysis, neutralization and maximum plasmid product yield
- 50-150 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 2 years, PM1 (RNase A added) 2-8ºC for up to 6 months
- Time: only 40 minutes when combined with the GeneIsokit™ Plasmid DNA Concentrator
- In-vitro Transcription
- Restriction Enzyme Digestion
- Gene Gun