Plasmid DNA Purification and Cosmids DNA Purification from 1-7 ml of cultured bacterial cells. Kit includes TrueBlue Lysis Buffer.
The GenoIsokit™ Mini Plasmid Kit was designed for rapid isolation of plasmid DNA from 1-7 ml of cultured bacterial cells. A modified alkaline lysis method and RNase treatment are used to obtain clear cell lysate with minimal gDNA and RNA contaminants. In the presence of chaotropic salt, plasmid DNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. Contaminants are removed with a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified plasmid DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. DNA phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required.
Features and Benefits
- Purify plasmid DNA within 15 minutes!
- TrueBlue Lysis Buffer is an optional color indicator included with the kit to reduce common handling errors,
while ensuring efficient cell lysis,neutralization and maximum plasmid product yield
- High Yield: up to 50 μg of pure plasmid DNA
- 1-7 ml of cultured bacterial cells
- Plasmid glass fiber spin column
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 1 year, PD1 (RNase A added) 2-8ºC for up to 6 months
- Cost effective
- Restriction Enzyme Digestion Library Screening
- Ligation, PCR
- Transformation and Sequencing Reactions