The Genomic DNA Maxi Kit (Blood/Cultured Cell) is optimized for DNA purification (including genomic, mitochondrial and viral DNA) from up to 10 ml of frozen blood and cultured cells.
The Genomic DNA Maxi Kit (Blood/Cultured Cell) is optimized for DNA purification (including genomic, mitochondrial and viral DNA) from up to 10 ml of frozen blood and cultured cells using an efficient maxiprep system. This DNA Extraction Kit uses Proteinase K to reduce hemoglobin contamination while chaotropic salt and detergents are used to lyse cells and degrade protein, allowing the DNA to bind to the glass fiber matrix of the genomic DNA spin column. Contaminants are removed using a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified genomic DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. The entire procedure can be completed in 1 hour without phenol/chloroform extraction or alcohol precipitation. Purified DNA, with approximately 20-30 kb, is suitable for use in PCR or other enzymatic reactions.
- GB Buffer
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.5 at 25ºC)
- Proteinase K
- GD Maxi Columns
Features and Benefits
- High Yield: up to 140 μg
- Large Sample Size: up to 10 ml of frozen blood, cultured cells (up to 1 x 108)
- Genomic glass fiber maxi spin column (white membrane optimized for genomic DNA purification)
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25°C) for up to 2 years
- Operation time: within 1 hour
- Southern Blotting
- Real-time PCR