The Genomic DNA Midi Kit (Blood/Cultured Cell) is optimzed for DNA purification (including genomic, mitochondrial and viral DNA) from up to 2 ml of frozen blood and cultured cells.
The Genomic DNA Midi Kit (Blood/Cultured Cell) is optimzed for DNA purification (including genomic, mitochondrial and viral DNA) from up to 2 ml of frozen blood and cultured cells using an efficient midiprep system. This genomic DNA Extraction Kit uses Proteinase K to reduce hemoglobin contamination while chaotropic salt and detergents are used to lyse cells and degrade protein, allowing the DNA to bind to the glass fiber matrix of the genomic DNA spin column. Contaminants are removed using a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified genomic DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. The entire procedure can be completed in 1 hour without phenol/chloroform extraction or alcohol precipitation. The purified DNA, with approximately 20-30 Kb, is suitable for use in PCR or other enzymatic reactions.
- GB Buffer
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.5 at 25ºC)
- Proteinase K
- GD Midi Columns
Features and Benefits
- Large Sample Size: up to 2 ml of whole blood, cultured cells (up to 5 x 107)
- High Yield: up to 80 µg
- Genomic glass fiber midi spin column (white membrane optimized for genomic DNA purification)
- Operation time: within 1 hour
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25°C) for up to 2 years
- Southern Blotting
- Real-time PCR