Optimized for genomic, mitochondrial and virus DNA purification from whole blood, buffy coat and cultured cell samples.
The Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Blood/Cultured Cell) is a genomic DNA extraction kit optimized for genomic, mitochondrial and virus DNA purification from whole blood, buffy coat and cultured cell samples. This Genomic DNA Extraction Kit uses RBC Lysis Buffer and chaotropic salt to lyse cells and degrade protein, allowing DNA to bind to the glass fiber matrix of the genomic DNA spin column. Contaminants are removed using a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified genomic DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. Phenol/chloroform extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required and the purified genomic DNA (approximately 20-30 kb) is suitable for use in PCR or various other enzymatic reactions. For RNA purification from blood and cultured cell samples, the Total RNA Mini Kit (Blood/CC) is also available.
- RBC Lysis Buffer
- GT Buffer
- GB Buffer
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.5 at 25ºC)
- GD Columns
- 2 ml Collection Tubes
Features and Benefits
- Purify genomic DNA within 25 minutes!
- High Yield, High Quality Genomic DNA: 4-6 μg of pure genomic DNA
(A260/A280 = 1.8-2.0) from 200 µl of whole blood
- Variety of Samples: up to 300 µl of whole blood, up to 200 µl of buffy coat,
up to 1 x 107 cultured cells, up to 2 x 108 yeast and other fungus species
- Spin Columns: glass fiber membrane optimized for genomic DNA extraction
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 1 year
- Southern Blotting
- Real-time PCR