Optimized for genomic, mitochondrial and chloroplast DNA purification from plant tissue.
The Genomic DNA Mini Kit (Plant) is a genomic DNA extraction kit optimized for genomic, mitochondrial and chloroplast DNA purification from plant tissue. This DNA extraction kit processes plant samples by grinding in liquid nitrogen followed by lysis buffer incubation. The lysate is treated with RNase A then filtered to remove cell debris and salt precipitates. In the presence of the binding buffer, coupled with chaotropic salt, genomic DNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. Contaminants are removed using a Wash Buffer (containing ethanol) and the purified genomic DNA is eluted by a low salt Elution Buffer, TE or water. DNA phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required, and the entire procedure can be completed in less than 30 minutes. For RNA purification from plant samples, the Total RNA Mini Kit (Plant) is also available.
- GPX1 Buffer (optimized for samples with high polysaccharide content)
- GP1, GP2, GP3 Buffers
- RNase A
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.5 at 25ºC)
- Filter Column
- GD Column
- 2 ml Collection Tubes
Features and Benefits
- Purify genomic DNA in less than 30 minutes!
- High Yield: 3-5 μg (100 mg Thale cress), 20-25 µg (100 mg Tobacco)
- Sample Size: up to 100 mg (fresh plant tissue), up to 25 mg (dry plant tissue)
- Spin Columns: glass fiber membrane optimized for genomic DNA extraction
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 1 year
- Real-time PCR
- Southern Blotting and RFLP