The OBK™ DNA RNA Extraction Kit provides an efficient method for purifying genomic DNA and total RNA simultaneously from cultured cells, animal tissue, whole blood and biological fluids. Chaotropic salt is used to lyse cells and degrade protein, allowing DNA to bind to the genomic DNA mini spin column. The flow-through containing RNA can then be transferred to the RNA mini spin column for RNA binding. Contaminants are removed using a wash buffer and the purified genomic DNA is eluted in a low salt Elution Buffer and the purified total RNA is eluted in RNase-free Water. The entire procedure can be completed in 25 minutes without phenol/chloroform extraction or alcohol precipitation. The purified DNA, approximately 20-30 kb, is suitable for use in PCR or other enzymatic reactions and the purified RNA (including miRNA) is ready for use in RT-PCR, Real-time PCR, northern blotting, primer extension, mRNA selection and cDNA synthesis.
- RBC Lysis Buffer
- DR Buffer
- RW1 Buffer
- RPE Buffer
- W1 Buffer
- Wash Buffer
- RNase-free Water
- Elution Buffer (10 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.5 at 25ºC)
- GD Columns
- RB Columns
- 2 ml Collection Tubes
Features and Benefits
- Purify genomic DNA and total RNA within 25 minutes!
- Variety of Samples: up to 500 μl of whole blood, up to 25 mg of tissue, rodent tails, ear punches,
up to 5 x 106 cultured cells, up to 500 μl of biological fluids
- High Yield: up to 3 μg of genomic DNA and up to 15 μg of total RNA from 1 x 106 of cultured HeLa cells
- High Quality DNA: A260/A280 = 1.9-2.0
- Genomic DNA glass fiber spin columns and total RNA glass fiber spin colums certified DNase and RNase-free
- Elution Volume: 50-200 μl (genomic DNA) and 25-50 μl (total RNA)
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25°C) for up to 9 months
The purified DNA, approximately 20-30 kb, is suitable for use in PCR or other enzymatic reactions and the purified RNA (including miRNA) is ready for use in RT-PCR, Real-time PCR, northern blotting, primer extension, mRNA selection and cDNA synthesis.