Designed for total RNA purification from Gram (-) negative bacteria and Gram (+) positive bacteria.
The GeneIsokit™ Mini RNA Bacteria Kit was designed for total RNA purification from Gram (-) negative and Gram (+) positive bacteria. The provided Lysozyme and Bacteria Lysis Buffer will efficiently lyse bacterial cell walls consisting of the peptidoglycan layer. Detergents and chaotropic salt are used to further lyse cells and inactivate RNase while RNA is bound by the glass fiber matrix of the RNA spin column. Once any contaminants have been removed, using the Wash Buffer (containing ethanol), the purified total RNA is eluted by RNase-free Water and is ready for use in a variety of subsequent reactions.
Features and Benefits
- Purify total RNA within 20 minutes!
- High Yield: up to 60 μg of pure RNA (1 x 109 Escherichia coli: 40-45 μg, 1 x 109 Bacillus subtilis: 50-55 μg)
- Convenient: Includes Lysozyme and Bacteria Lysis Buffer for easy bacteria lysis
- RNA glass fiber spin columns (membrane optimized for total RNA extraction)
- Individually packaged RNA spin columns, certified RNase and DNase-free
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 9 months,Lysozyme is shipped at 4ºC and stored at -20ºC for extended periods
- Cost effective
- Northern Blotting
- Primer Extension
- mRNA Selection
- cDNA Synthesis