Designed for total RNA purification from plant tissue within 15 minutes.
The Total RNA Mini Kit (Plant) was designed for total RNA purification from plant tissue and cells. RNA from a wide variety of plant species can be purified within 30 minutes. Samples are initially ground in liquid nitrogen then filtered to remove cell debris using the efficient RNA filter columns. In the presence of a binding buffer and chaotropic salt, total RNA in the lysate binds to the glass fiber matrix of the spin column. Once any contaminants have been removed using the Wash Buffer (containing ethanol), the purified total RNA is eluted by RNase-free Water. Phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required and the purified total RNA is ready for use in a variety of subsequent reactions.
Features and Benefits
- Purify total RNA within 15 minutes!
- High Yield: 5-30 μg of pure RNA
- Sample Volume: up to 100 mg (fresh plant tissue), up to 25 mg (dry plant tissue)
- RNA glass fiber spin columns (membrane optimized for total RNA extraction)
- Individually packaged RNA spin columns, certified RNase and DNase-free
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 9 months
- Cost effective
- Northern Blotting
- Real-time PCR