Designed for total RNA purification from a variety of animal tissue and paraffin-embedded tissue within 15 minutes.
The Total RNA Mini Kit (Tissue) was designed for total RNA purification from a variety of animal tissue and paraffin-embedded tissue. Tissue samples can be efficiently homogenized in a microcentrifuge tube using the provided DNase and RNase-free Micropestle. Detergents and chaotropic salt are used to lyse cells and inactivate RNase while RNA is bound by the glass fiber matrix of the RNA spin column. Once any contaminants have been removed, using the Wash Buffer (containing ethanol), the purified total RNA is eluted by RNase-free Water. Phenol extraction or alcohol precipitation is not required and the purified RNA is ready for use in a variety of downstream applications.
Features and Benefits
- Purify total RNA within 15 minutes!
- High Yield: 5-30 μg of pure RNA
- Sample Volume: up to 25 mg of tissue, up to 25 mg of paraffin-embedded tissue
- Provided Micropestles are certified DNase and RNase-free
- RNA glass fiber spin columns (membrane optimized for total RNA extraction)
- Individually packaged RNA spin columns, certified RNase and DNase-free
- Storage: dry at room temperature (15-25ºC) for up to 9 months
- Cost effective
- Northern Blotting
- Primer Extension
- mRNA Selection
- cDNA Synthesis
- RNase Protection Assay